Saturday, May 7, 2011

We got our Golden Ticket!!!!!

As a last ditch attempt to get my I-171H in a timely manner, I e-mailed a request for expedited processing on Thursday morning with physician's letters attached. I had little hope this would work because the two workers I had talked to told me I did not have a case because my child did not have a life threatening condition that could only be treated in the US that was documented by his attending doctor in his country. They were correct. My Winston does not meet those criteria. So, I was headed out the door yesterday to go to a noon Mother's Day Tea at school with Ben. I went to shut down my computer and noticed that there was a brand new e-mail from NBC.Adoptions. I opened the message and read it:

Good morning,
I was assigned to your case and was able to recommended your case for approval. My supervisor reviewed it and I scanned it and e-mailed it to the National Visa Center just now. The National Visa Center will send it overseas electronically. If you need to contact them, their phone number is 603-334-0828.
Good luck with the rest of your journey,


I couldn't believe it. I had to read it again. Did it really say what I thought it said? I called Andy and quickly gathered everything I would need to head to the notary after tea with Ben and head to Montgomery and get the dossier in the mail by the end of the day.

Mother's Day Tea was sooooo sweet. Then, we were off!!!! We got the form notarized at the bank and  then me and the kids set out on the 1.5 hour journey to Montgomery. They were troopers. The apostilling only took about 10 mintues. Then, we hit the potty and the snack shop before heading to the UPS Store in Montgomery. The kids got a little restless while they waited fot me to quadruple check everything before sealing it in the envelope. I suspect the UPS guy was questioning my need for more children. Weren't the two I had more than enough? Then, we were done. The dossier will be delivered on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday in Winston's country.

As a treat, we stopped at Bass Pro Shop on the way home so the kiddos could look at fish, run amok a bit, and eat Moon Pies.

I didn't really have time to process all this til much later. After what seemed like forever, we had our Golden Ticket, the dossier is on the way, and we are one step closer to bringing home our baby boy.

What a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Had to come and read the details!!!!

    Congrats again!

    We seem to be about 6 weeks behind you guys ;-)

    Carla
    www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I did wrong but I can't get that white behind the letters to disappear.

    Carla - You may be less than 6 weeks behind us. If I can get a medical expedite, surely you can too :)

    ReplyDelete